Friday, January 20, 2012

Aaki Thinz - The corner TV








Akai was always positioned as a Discounted Brand for years. Hence the brief "to change and uplift its image" was a difficult task for us. The "7 year warranty" Offer wasn't enough to change the mind set and perception of customers towards Akai. The client came up with a product innovation, new to Akai, which highlighted the "extremely thin TV" which I wasn't ok with as there were enough TV brands that had already highlighted same and therefore a late entrant in the market. But client was adamant and thought this might do wonders which i was not so sure about. But that was the task and I had to deal with it.
So I put on my thinking cap and wondered how do I position this "me too" product differently in the mind of the consumers.
I then came up with this brilliant idea . that most houses had a space constraint in their living room. The 22 inch and other sizes took up lots of space. Hence i thought why not communicate that here was a "TV specially designed to fit corners". So your corner space was very well utilized as well. i also suggested that besides the ad we need to set up a team that would install the TV in the corner, if need be put a corner plank and put the TV on it as an added value.
I was damn convinced about it as nobody else had thought of such a unique marketing idea and concept. But the client didnt want to be a first timer as he felt what if people didn't accept it then then he would be doomed. The "what if" bombed my bloody brilliant concept down the drain. grrrr. Here are the initial ads as i t was presented just as an idea and had the clinet accepted it we would have done all the fine tuning to it.

No comments: